Monday, June 22, 2009

Blog #2: Life in the Dorms! (Summer Scholars)

One might think that the college life is all about partying and staying up late. I had a chance to experience that and see if those stereotypes are actually true. The first day I came to the Scott Residence Hall, I was really excited. I was ready to live the college life. That day once we all got unpacked, we went to Camp Carol Joy Holling for co-op team building. When I saw the high ropes course that I had to complete, I was terrified. Me being scared of heights, I knew this would be a challenge.



Once I got up in the air, I was doing fine. Of course I was shaken up and scared, but I managed to get through the first level of the course. Half way through the second level, my body just couldn't continue. I recognized the feeling, and I knew that I was getting sick. I wasn't very happy that I didn't finish the course, but sometimes you have to listen to your body first. As I was being lowered down to the ground with the safety rope, I ended up getting scratched up from the wooden platform. I guess you can say that it was more painful coming down than it was staying up there. Even Maria was shocked when I came down with the scratches, but I'm not one to over exaggerate things. They stung a little bit, but it wasn't excruciating pain. I guess you can say that there's a first time for everything. It kinda sucked that I had to be the first, but it's quite all right with me. Just getting that far in the course, I felt accomplished.



That wasn't the only activity that went on during my week at the dorms. We had movie night, an ice cream social, battle of the scholars and so much more. I got a chance to bond with all the people in Summer Scholars. I made new friends and had a really good time. One complication was the late night partying. We all had our fun and enjoyed our stay, but the next morning was a drag. All our eyes were drooping and we sat in class half asleep. Partying has a price, but man was it worth it.



If I had a chance to do this again, I totally would. =]

Well...it's about time to wrap this week's blog up.
So until next time...Catch ya later.



No comments:

Post a Comment